Wednesday, January 11, 2012

R.S. Bohn:

I have been a fan of R.S. Bohn's  for some time now, so when she posted looking for beta readers for a 3000 word story she wrote, "Judith Of The Lions", I offered to give it a read.  I was very pleased that she took me up on the offer, and what a treat it was. I have had a tremendous week, Stuart Neville's "Collusion, Stuart Ayris' "Tollesbury Time forever" and R.S Bohn's story. The best thing about it all is it had nothing to do with my own writing. I just sat on my ass, turned pages, or clicked a mouse, and in return went on 3 fabulous rides.

Doesn't get much better than that. Now, "Judith Of The Lions" is a beautiful, heart-wrenching, and at times, unsettling story. R.S. Bohn has proved time and again, that she is a master of crafting desciptive phases, characters, and settings. This story is no different, and I dare to say, it is the best one I have read by her.  I provided my detailed feeback, and out of respect to R.S, do not want to take the liberty of sharing it, but it was all extremely positve. There is no doubt in my mind it will find publication, and when it does, you will be in for a real treat.

She might still be looking for a few more beta readers, and if you feel so inclined, you can offer to help her out HERE

4 comments:

  1. I've been, and am in, writing groups. So I guess I've done some beta reading in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. This is incredibly kind. I'm so very grateful.

    I'm currently struggling on converting it to a form acceptable for my first choice of publication. It's frustrating, but I really want this one!

    Thank you so much.

    C Grant returned comments, btw. He is much in the same mindset about the story as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charles- I find I'm very open to give a short story a beta read, compared to a novel. Last novel I did was Declan Burke's "Absolute Zero Cool". Thankfully, it was awesome. Not much time investment with shorts. Plus, I am no critic, by any stretch of the imagination. With novels I buy, I'll pretty much only provide a review if I like it, and keep it to myself if not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. R.S- Well, there you go, reviews from two people who will not bullshit you, enough said.

    As far as the formatting, there are plenty of people out there, even here, who would be glad to assist if needed, I'm sure. Best of luck, but I do not think luck will play a big role in getting it published.

    ReplyDelete