Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Where's My Motivation?


So, I'm at the gym the other morning and they don't exactly play any rocking stuff at 5:30 AM. I'm also still racking my brain as I workout for a subplot in the novel I'm working on. I hear a hip hop style song and as I'm listening to the chorus, I'm thinking that I have heard this somewhere before. Sure enough, it's someone poaching Supergrass' "Alright". The lyric's of the chorus spark a major idea for me and I knew what direction I needed to go with the story.  Turn's out it was Travie McCoy. Can't any of these hip-hop wankers come up with anything original?

Anyway,  the Supergrass version does not quite inspire the mood or the characters I'm going for, but I'm happy to have found the idea. I was still in search of some tune that will bring images to my mind, when low and behold, while driving home in a snowstorm tonight, scanning the radio channels, on comes Buckcherry's "Dead'. I spent the rest of the ride with my brain on overdrive and ideas coming quickly. Another one down!

No comments:

Post a Comment