Monday, September 12, 2011
The Beat On The Street
Saw lots of 9/11 specials on the tube all week and yesterday. God bless everyone who died, survived, and sacrificed their time helping out before and after this trajedy. I'm damn proud to be an American!!
The NFL was on yesterday, but I watched the US vs Ireland Rugby World Cup match. What a great sport and these guys make NFL players look silly. Most of my mates on the cricket team I played for also played Rugby, so I know how tough and fearless you need to be to play rugby. I think in my younger days, I would have been a decent Rugby player but... I still have all my teeth and the legs have avoided serious injury so far, so propably just as well. AND BELOVED NOTRE DAME LOST TO MICHIGAN, They officially SUCK!
- Sanda Seamans beat me to the punch on some excitin news from John Kenyon, Check it out HERE
- Glenna is back in action with a couple of well done reviews, including Declan Burke's Absolute Zero Cool HERE
- R.S Bohn is giving away a print version of her chapbook "Letters From The Egg". She's mulling over a couple options for the best way to do the random drawing. Maybe a reader poll is in order R.S? Check it out HERE
- Steve Weddle has a great post about writer conventions over at Do Some Damage and if you leave a comment you could win a copy of "D*cked" HERE
- Paul Waters over at Blackwatertown, has link to a short film, "Attack of the Evil Muffins" by aspiring filmmaker Hannah Charles. Def worth a look HERE
-Big congrats to Gerard Brennan over at Crime Scene NI, whose forthcoming novella "The Point" has already secured some big-tme endorsements. Find out who HERE
- More big-ups and best wishes / hopes go out to Greg Grzegorzek, whose novel just went out on submission to publishers. Read all about it HERE
- And finally, Jodi Macarthur is back in action. This is great news from a way cool and talented writer. Details HERE