Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Couple of Reviews

Last week I posted about just getting into and really digging  James Henderson's novel, "Baby Huey: A Cautionary Tale of Addiction" HERE I finished it a couple day and the excitement I had then pales in comparision to how I felt after I finshed it. I have been on the kindle and nook boards spreading the good word and the novel continues to gather traction and climb the charts. I posted the following review on Amazon. It's only .99 cents for kindle & nook. If you check out the other reviews, you'll see I am not alone and not bullshitting you.

Baby Huey: A Cautionary Tale of Addiction
Oprah Should Be Pumping This Novel (5 stars)
"By a sheer fluke of coincidence I found out about this novel on an indie book review site, one which I check frequently, but don't very often find novels that are the type I like to read. The reviewer gave it 5 stars and the review itself hooked me. For only .99 cents, I made the investment, took a chance. This is not only a great novel, it is an important one, which like the sensitive subject matter, had me hooked from the first page. I could not put it down, telling myself only one more chapter and I'll stop. I hate spoilers in reviews, so I will only say that I have heard great art described as someting that stays with you, makes an impression, and leaves you thinking about it after you have witnessed it. James Henderson has written a novel that had me laughing out loud, feeling sad, and sick to my stomach throughout, it is that good. Literary, dramatic, and full of twist and turns, I urge you to read it. You will not be disapointed! Like others have said, I didn't want it to be over and actually miss reading it."

A.J Hayes, who most of us know and is one hell of a writer, was kind enough to purchase my novel, "Mindjacker" for kindle (only .99 cents for kindle or nook) and provided a review, which I am very happy about and thankful for!

Mindjacker
Morality Tale In A Tornado (five stars)
Great ride. Like a combination Tilt-A-Whirl and Wild Mouse . . . in the dark . . .with really great music . . . and, oh yeah, your arms and legs get sucked off your body. The back story has the subtle flavor of some great movies: the original Manchurian Candidate, The Parallax View and the original Invasion Of The Body Snatchers. If this all sounds confusing and scary -- you're right. Read it, but make sure your chin strap -- and athletic supporter -- are cinched down double tight. Like I said, it's one helluva ride.

For those of you still not riding the ebook train, I'm going to be giving away a few print copies of "Mindjacker" next week, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Not riding the e-book train yet, so I'll keep an eye out.

    Is Baby Huey available in print? I'd like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.S- Yes, you can get BH on Amazon in print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up Sean. Can't beat a good book for .99 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenna- It is so worth it, tremendous ending too!

    ReplyDelete