Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Warriors...Can You Dig It?


Watched The Warriors last night. It had been a long time since I had seen it. I saw it at the movies in 1979 when it came out. I was 14 and back then thought it was awesome.  I have to say, I still enjoyed it 34 years ( yikes!) later. If you didn't know it ( I didn't), the movie was based on a novel by Sol Yurick.

After doing a bit more recon, I also leaarned the theme of the story was influenced by ( and this is some heavy, historical type info) Anabasis by a Greek solder and writer named Xenophon. Pretty interesting, to me at least.

I hear / read they are remaking The Warriors, and it's scheduled for release in the Fall of 2014

2 comments:

  1. Lana and I watched this the other night as well and really liked it again. I loved it when I first saw it. She told me about the Greek connection, which I didn't know about until then. I will have to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, Charles. I read the sample on Amazon, good stuff,

    ReplyDelete