Friday, March 8, 2013

TeamNerd Reviews: Grimm Tales


While surfing the net, I found a very detailed review of Grimm Tales via the TeamNerd Review blog. I had a  story in this anthology, Divided We Stand.. A lot of the stories took it to the chin, but some seemed to really impress. The main complaint was the overuse of Hansel and Gretel, which I can certainly understand,  but the authors had no idea which fairy tale the others were choosing. My take from the beginning was to try and use one that I thought no one else would use, so  in that respect, I lucked out. As I read through each story review, I was cringing waiting to see what was in store for my story. But, I was somewhat spared.

Divided We Stand

Author: Sean Patrick Reardon

Mini-Review: This short read like a scene from within an already ongoing scene. It’s hard to wrap your head around what the hell is going on until closer to the end. The ending was good though.

Anyway, you can see the full review and check out the TeanNerd Review blog ( which is a really cool site) 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, Sean. I think the anthology may be a little confusing people who weren't privy to the conception of it, which was just a bunch of blog posts for the fun of it, without any conception of an ebook. If it had been conceived as an ebook in the first place, I imagine more divvying out of the tales would have taken place. For me, I'm just happy that a book actually came together out of all that, and also that it linked me to a bunch of writers I hold in high regard.

    ReplyDelete